Definition & Aim of PTA
- Definition: Parent Teachers Association (PTA) is a non-profit, non–political and non– sectarian organization made up of school staff and parents which work to support the school in a wide variety of ways.
- Aim: The function of PTA is not only to help/ support the school in the development of students but also to provide help/support in the improvement and development of the school.
Definition of Keywords
- Association – All Parents, Teachers and employees of Pratibha International School & Junior College.
- Members – Any /All individuals who have been accepted and admitted by the Association.
Aims & Objectives
- To provide a platform for parents, guardians, and teachers of students of Pratibha International School & Junior College to meet, exchange, deeply analyze issues, make recommendations and effectively pursue the implementation of decisions on matters affecting education/learning.
- To foster mutual understanding, harmonious relationship and cooperation among parents, guardians, and teachers in the fulfillment of their common aim, the welfare of the school and the pupils/students therein.
Qualification & Membership
The formation of parents- teachers’ Association and working method is as under. Membership of association shall be open to;
- Parents/guardians whose children or wards attend school in Pratibha International School & Junior College. Such participation shall be non – political and non –religious.
- Any person who is a member of the teaching staff of Pratibha International School & Junior College.
- For every class / Division one parent.
- In the managing committee, 50% would be ladies.
|Sr. No.||Member Name||Designation at SMC|
|1||Deepak Vinodkumar Shah||Chairman|
|3||Savita H Travis||Secretary|
|4||Vidya Balwadkar||Parent Member|
|5||Prashant Sarsar||Parent Member|
|6||Liza Soju||Vice- Principal|
|7||Dilip Parekh||Nominated by Trust|
|9||Atul Shah||Nominated by Trust|
|10||Manasi Hasabnis||Teacher of other Institute|
Guidelines & Rules of Conduct
- Members, will at all times, during its deliberation and actions, work with proper conduct and respect to one another and to the school.
- Each member must attend general meetings unless a member has a sound reason that will hinder him.
- The period of Parents-Teachers’ Association would be for one year. Any parent once has become the office bearer or the managing committee member, thereafter in the next five years; he cannot become the office bearer of the managing committee member.
- The meeting of managing committee should be called minimum once in four months.
- In the school, every student’s parents should be the member of Parents-Teachers’ Association.
- Help School in any events outside and beyond standard School functions such as organizing intra-school quiz competitions, science fair, community outreach, teacher appreciation event etc.
- Provide an “ear” to the issues concerning the parent body at large and take it up with School authorities for satisfactory resolution.
- Solicit new ideas and suggestions from the parent body to help enhance the overall and all round education experience and work with PIS for review and implementation of the same.
- Build a sense of community at school through increased and sustained parental participation and involvement in school events.
- Foster a relationship between parents, teachers, school authorities.
- The committee members are not allowed to summon a meeting a counsel any other parent without the involvement of the school authorities.
- The PTA is formed for the benefit of the school and the students and not for any personal interest.